West Indies vs Zimbabwe, 2nd Test: Gayle, Chanderpaul score tons as hosts take control on day 2
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Dominica: Chris Gayle and Shivnarine Chanderpaul scored centuries on day 2 to lead West Indies to 381 for the loss of 8 wickets.
The day started on a positive note for the tourists as the very first delivery of the morning accounted for Marlon Samuels. However, Gayle carried on playing in his usual fashion to get to his century with 12 boundaries and 4 sixes. Gayle was dismissed on 101 by Prosper Utseya just before lunch.
Chanderpaul (108) and Ramdin (86) then combined to add 173 for the fifth wicket. Ramdin’s dismissal led to another minor collapse for the hosts but they managed to take a lead of 206 with two wickets remaining.
For Zimbabwe Prosper Utseya was the most successful bowler with figures of 3 wickets for 60 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore