Why can`t Ajinkya Rahane open for India?
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Indian skipper MS Dhoni tried too many experiments in the fourth ODI against New Zealand and none of them actually worked.
While Stuart Binny and Ambati Rayudu didn`t have a memorable match, stylish right-hander Virat Kohli managed to score just two runs when he was sent to open the innings with Rohit Sharma.
While the Indian team is struggling to find good opening partnerships, it is surprising to see Dhoni not using Rahane as an opener.
Ajinkya Rahane has opened for India in the past and while playing for Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League, he scored four to five consecutive half-centuries in the fifth and the sixth editions of the tournament.
Ajinkya Rahane also has a technique to stablilise the Indian innings and he could be the answer to India`s top order woes. Even though India have just one ODI remaining against the Kiwis, Dhoni should probably try making this change as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly