Why can`t Ajinkya Rahane open for India?
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Indian skipper MS Dhoni tried too many experiments in the fourth ODI against New Zealand and none of them actually worked.
While Stuart Binny and Ambati Rayudu didn`t have a memorable match, stylish right-hander Virat Kohli managed to score just two runs when he was sent to open the innings with Rohit Sharma.
While the Indian team is struggling to find good opening partnerships, it is surprising to see Dhoni not using Rahane as an opener.
Ajinkya Rahane has opened for India in the past and while playing for Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League, he scored four to five consecutive half-centuries in the fifth and the sixth editions of the tournament.
Ajinkya Rahane also has a technique to stablilise the Indian innings and he could be the answer to India`s top order woes. Even though India have just one ODI remaining against the Kiwis, Dhoni should probably try making this change as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani