Will N Srinivasan return as BCCI president?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Following Bombay High Court’s order declaring BCCI`s IPL spot-fixing probe panel as "illegal", the board is reportedly divided over the issue of reinstating N Srinivasan as its chief.
According to another report, Srinivasan has already taken charge of the cricket board ending interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya’s stint.
However, the development has clearly put a spanner on Srinivasan`s return to the BCCI top post since the entire probe report`s validity itself is under question.
"It will be now very difficult for Srinivasan to come back as BCCI President in view of this development. The BCCI officials will have a discussion and chalk out the future course of action," a top BCCI official said.
The IPL spot-fixing scandal broke out when India pacer S Sreesanth, along with two other Rajasthan Royals players Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan and 11 bookies, was arrested for alleged spot-fixing in the IPL.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir