Will N Srinivasan return as BCCI president?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Following Bombay High Court’s order declaring BCCI`s IPL spot-fixing probe panel as "illegal", the board is reportedly divided over the issue of reinstating N Srinivasan as its chief.
According to another report, Srinivasan has already taken charge of the cricket board ending interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya’s stint.
However, the development has clearly put a spanner on Srinivasan`s return to the BCCI top post since the entire probe report`s validity itself is under question.
"It will be now very difficult for Srinivasan to come back as BCCI President in view of this development. The BCCI officials will have a discussion and chalk out the future course of action," a top BCCI official said.
The IPL spot-fixing scandal broke out when India pacer S Sreesanth, along with two other Rajasthan Royals players Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan and 11 bookies, was arrested for alleged spot-fixing in the IPL.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan