Will N Srinivasan return as BCCI president?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Following Bombay High Court’s order declaring BCCI`s IPL spot-fixing probe panel as "illegal", the board is reportedly divided over the issue of reinstating N Srinivasan as its chief.
According to another report, Srinivasan has already taken charge of the cricket board ending interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya’s stint.
However, the development has clearly put a spanner on Srinivasan`s return to the BCCI top post since the entire probe report`s validity itself is under question.
"It will be now very difficult for Srinivasan to come back as BCCI President in view of this development. The BCCI officials will have a discussion and chalk out the future course of action," a top BCCI official said.
The IPL spot-fixing scandal broke out when India pacer S Sreesanth, along with two other Rajasthan Royals players Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan and 11 bookies, was arrested for alleged spot-fixing in the IPL.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway