Will N Srinivasan return as BCCI president?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Following Bombay High Court’s order declaring BCCI`s IPL spot-fixing probe panel as "illegal", the board is reportedly divided over the issue of reinstating N Srinivasan as its chief.
According to another report, Srinivasan has already taken charge of the cricket board ending interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya’s stint.
However, the development has clearly put a spanner on Srinivasan`s return to the BCCI top post since the entire probe report`s validity itself is under question.
"It will be now very difficult for Srinivasan to come back as BCCI President in view of this development. The BCCI officials will have a discussion and chalk out the future course of action," a top BCCI official said.
The IPL spot-fixing scandal broke out when India pacer S Sreesanth, along with two other Rajasthan Royals players Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan and 11 bookies, was arrested for alleged spot-fixing in the IPL.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country