Windies paceman Edwards to play T20 matches against Australia
St.Lucia (West Indies): Fast bowler Fidel Edwards has been included in the 14-member West Indies squad for two Twenty20 matches, after being overlooked for the one- day series.
The other additions to the squad were left-arm seamer Krishmar Santokie, batting allrounders Dwayne Smith and Nkrumah Bonner and left-arm spinner Garey Mathurin.
The West Indies squad features several players, including all-rounders Kieron Pollard, Andre Russell and Dwayne Bravo, who have performed in the ongoing one-day series.
West Indies chairman of selectors Clyde Butts said he was hopeful the players chosen would be able to continue the form shown by the one-day side, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
"We have named a squad with a mixture of experience and youth, and we believe they have the quality to defeat the Australians," Butts said.
Windies squad: Darren Sammy (capt), Dwayne Bravo, Carlton Baugh, Nkrumah Bonner, Darren Bravo, Johnson Charles, Fidel Edwards, Garey Mathurin, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Krishmar Santokie, Dwayne Smith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus