Won`t take IPL chairman`s post next year, says Shukla
Jaipur: The BCCI may not have accepted his resignation but Rajeev Shukla on Saturday said he would not (rpt) not take up the IPL Chairman`s post next year.
Talking to PTI during a function here, Shukla, who resigned from the post in the wake of the spot-fixing scandal, said Board`s interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya has not accepted his decision as yet.
"This is why that I still chair the meetings of Champions Trophy but it is for sure that I would not take the post of IPL chairman next year. I had resigned from the post and I don`t intend to take it again," said Shukla.
"As far as my chairing of the Champions League meeting in London is concerned I feel my resignation was from IPL and that too has not been accepted as yet," he added.
The Champions Trophy is set to start here on September 21 with Mumbai Indians taking on Rajasthan Royals. New Delhi will be the venue for the final on October 6.
Jaipur and Delhi will also host a semi-final each. Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Ranchi are the other venues of the tournament that will have 29 matches.
Chennai Super Kings, Hyderabad Sunrisers, Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals are the Indian teams in the USD six million tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla