Yuvraj eyeing international comeback through rigorous training
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Call it irony or his bad luck, but one of the biggest finishers of Indian team, Yuvraj Singh, has been struggling to make a comeback into the Indian squad.
But with the kind of fighter he is – be it in on the field or off it – Yuvraj Singh is doing every bit to get into the team. Few days back Yuvi was in France with another discarded player Zaheer Khan. And this time, not on a vacation but to attend a fitness camp.
Yuvraj has always been a fighter. Though he has already won the most important battle of his life – by defeating cancer – he is now aiming for a place in the team, which wouldn’t be easy considering the form of youngsters at the moment.
The all-rounder, who will turn 32 in December, said that he was undergoing rigorous training and was confident of his comeback into the national squad.
"I am going to be 32 and I believe that I can still play in all the formats. I have had a good training during off-season and eagerly waiting for the domestic season to start. I have been training very hard and would now like to play a few local tournaments before the first-class season begins. I am really confident of making a comeback,” said Yuvraj.
The way he is preparing for his comeback, it seems it won’t be that difficult for the fighter, who has a habit of sealing the lips of his critics.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre