Zaheer Khan back to spearhead India’s bowling attack
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
New Delhi: A much anticipated return the Indian Cricket was waiting was that of speedster Zaheer Khan. The pacer has found a place back in the Indian Test squad and will be touring South Africa along with national team in December.
Ever since his return from France where he and Yuvraj Singh underwent a grueling training and fitness session, the left-arm seamer has been consistent in his performances in the domestic season.
Playing for Mumbai in the current Ranji season, he has taken 13 wickets in three matches including a five-wicket haul. His performance in a few unofficial matches against West Indies ‘A’ also made headlines.
Though his recall was expected in the historic India-West Indies series, his return now nevertheless will be a boost for the youngsters. His experience will help young pacers to enhance their skills. As Umesh Yadav recently said that Zak’s presence will help him grow as a bowler.
As far as Indian bowling is concerned, Zaheer’s return will only strengthen it further. Zaheer has represented India in 88 Test matches taking 295 wickets and has played an important role in leading the bowling attack. He has the ability to swing the new ball and reverse the old, and has done quite well on all pitches across the world. In fact, his versatility made him one of the best fast bowlers in contemporary cricket.
It was never his form that was a concern but it was his fitness. The injury-prone bowler now looks much fitter and leaner, ready to overcome injury fears and excel for the Indian team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan