Zaheer Khan is all set to train under ‘Guru Gary’
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: After the retirement of frontline fast bowler Javagal Srinath, the only bowler who effectively managed to fill the void space is Zaheer Khan. He played a crucial role all these years by spearheading the Indian bowling line-up. But now he is also among the cricketers who are in the list of dejected seniors trying hard for a comeback.
Fitness is the only concern with him and he knows it very well. And to make a comeback, he went to France to attend a six-week fitness camp under the guidance of world renowned fitness expert along with Yuvraj Singh.
It seems as if the left-arm-bowler doesn’t want to leave any stone unturned as now he is all set to go to South Africa for another training session and this time under former India coach Gary Kirsten to make a comeback in the national team.
"Zaheer will be travelling to Cape Town to work with Kirsten for three weeks. He was to leave on September 6, but he still has to get his visa. Once that happens he will be off. There he will primarily work on his fielding and bowling," said Sudhir Naik to a national daily.
The way he is working on his fitness, we can expect his comeback in the team sooner or later, as he has a lot of tricks up his sleeves to give the best of the batsmen a run for their money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan