Zaheer Khan is all set to train under ‘Guru Gary’
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: After the retirement of frontline fast bowler Javagal Srinath, the only bowler who effectively managed to fill the void space is Zaheer Khan. He played a crucial role all these years by spearheading the Indian bowling line-up. But now he is also among the cricketers who are in the list of dejected seniors trying hard for a comeback.
Fitness is the only concern with him and he knows it very well. And to make a comeback, he went to France to attend a six-week fitness camp under the guidance of world renowned fitness expert along with Yuvraj Singh.
It seems as if the left-arm-bowler doesn’t want to leave any stone unturned as now he is all set to go to South Africa for another training session and this time under former India coach Gary Kirsten to make a comeback in the national team.
"Zaheer will be travelling to Cape Town to work with Kirsten for three weeks. He was to leave on September 6, but he still has to get his visa. Once that happens he will be off. There he will primarily work on his fielding and bowling," said Sudhir Naik to a national daily.
The way he is working on his fitness, we can expect his comeback in the team sooner or later, as he has a lot of tricks up his sleeves to give the best of the batsmen a run for their money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you