Zimbabwe cricketers two months strike ends
Harare: A two-month-long strike over unpaid wages and bonuses by Zimbabwe`s cricketers has ended after the cricket union processed the outstanding salaries.
Sports 24 quoted a players` representative, Eliah Zvimba, as saying that the strike is over.
Zvimba said players have been advised to resume training in preparation for a domestic Twenty20 tournament that was boycotted this week.
The players went on strike two months ago over unpaid wages and bonuses dating back to last September, and staged a sit-in three days ago at the Harare Sports Club, the venue of the tournament.
Zvimba said the stand-off between the ZC and the players resulted in Afghanistan cancelling a match against Zimbabwe last month.
The national cricket body said this week that it was waiting for financial assistance from the International Cricket Council (ICC) to pay the cricketers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video