Zimbabwe eyeing historic Test win
Johannesburg: Zimbabwe is reportedly eyeing a historic win in the second Test against Pakistan, which was 158 at stumps on the fourth day with the loss of five wickets at the Harare Sports Club on Friday.
Despite his side losing five wickets, Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq on 26 and will resume batting on Saturday with wicketkeeper Adnan Akmal (17 not out), with Pakistan needing another 106 runs to win
According to Sport24, although the tourists made an aggressive start after bowling out Zimbabwe for 199 and breaking a trend of slow scoring on a wearing, cracked pitch, however, Zimbabwe bowlers struck at regular intervals leading to the dismissal of Mohammad Hafeez and Azhar Ali in quick succession in the 12th over.
The report mentioned that Hafeez and Ali were soon followed by opening Pakistani batsman Manzoor Ahmed, who made his second half-century of the match, adding that Younis Khan also failed to show his magic as he was bowled for 29, followed by the dismissal of Asad Shafiq.
Earlier, left-arm opening bowler Rahat Ali took five for 52 as Zimbabwe were bowled out after adding only 78 runs to their overnight 121 for four, while off-spinner Saeed Ajmal claimed two wickets and left-arm fast bowler Junaid Khan one as Pakistan kept the Zimbabwe batsmen under pressure, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug