By Jayanta Oinam | Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 18:10
Unlike the other three Slams, US Open has established itself as the ultimate fan favorite – no shrills, no frills. Come as you may, win hearts and enjoy the best tennis! Here are five differentiating factors that make tennis at the Flushing Meadows one of its kind.
By Dattaraj Thaly | Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 12:37
Of late, players with tempestuous streaks have turned into endangered species in world tennis.
The sport that once was full of capricious characters like Ilie Nastase, Vitas Gerulaitis, Jimmy Connors, John McEnroe, Yannick Noah and Goran Ivanisevic, has now given way to proper professionals that do and say all the right things on and off camera.
By Dattaraj Thaly | Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:24
It took David Silva only a few seconds to penetrate Chelsea's defence at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday as he threaded a through ball to Sergio Aguero soon after Martin Atkinson blew his whistle to signal kick-off between the two best teams in the Premier League from last year.
By Rajdeep Saha | Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 21:08
Two wins in two Premier League matches should please Louis van Gaal after a summer of several activities that has been a mixed bag of situations. Manchester United's start has been laboured but that was enough to see off Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa respectively.
By Chaitan Papnai | Friday, July 31, 2015 - 23:18
With her outstanding performances over the years Saina Nehwal has certainly revived badminton in India. The ace shuttler is only the second Indian, after Prakash Padukone, to have achieved the top ranking in the sport.
By Rajdeep Saha | Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 20:18
Chelsea’s transfer policy for the summer window of the 2015-16 season presents a different scenario in comparison with some of Europe’s other elite clubs.
Despite the club’s inactivity so far, manager Jose Mourinho is relaxed and quite confident.
By Dattaraj Thaly | Thursday, July 30, 2015 - 20:19
"For Hockey India and SAI, the coaches are just puppets who should move according to their wishes," said Jose Brasa in a scathing indictment of Hockey India (HI) president Narinder Batra after news first emerged that Paul van Ass was set to go as Indian men's team's chief coach.
By Dattaraj Thaly | Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 19:59
In a sense, Wimbledon 2015 went as per script. The two best players on the planet, Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic ran out winners in their respective categories. The two deserving winners were in total command throughout the two grueling weeks of tennis. Though there were minor blips, the final result was never in doubt.
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack