`Born again’ Muamba may return to playing soccer in 2 yrs
London: Former Bolton Wanderers striker Fabrice Muamba has said he could return to playing soccer in two years.
The 24-year-old ex-Bolton star suffered a cardiac arrest while playing in an FA Cup tie at Tottenham in March. However, he said in an interview that he could play again “maybe in two years”.
“If I go for a check-up and my heart rhythm comes back to normality we’ll see if anyone wants to take me on,” a daily quoted Muamba, as saying.
Muamba had collapsed after suffering a cardiac arrest on March 17 during Tottenham`s FA Cup quarter-final tie at White Hart Lane, and his heart had stopped for 78 minutes before being restarted when he was taken to hospital.
“I really don’t know. It all depends on my heart rhythm. Just before the incident I felt kind of dizzy and couldn’t concentrate. My heart just stopped and I fell down,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed