`Born again’ Muamba may return to playing soccer in 2 yrs
London: Former Bolton Wanderers striker Fabrice Muamba has said he could return to playing soccer in two years.
The 24-year-old ex-Bolton star suffered a cardiac arrest while playing in an FA Cup tie at Tottenham in March. However, he said in an interview that he could play again “maybe in two years”.
“If I go for a check-up and my heart rhythm comes back to normality we’ll see if anyone wants to take me on,” a daily quoted Muamba, as saying.
Muamba had collapsed after suffering a cardiac arrest on March 17 during Tottenham`s FA Cup quarter-final tie at White Hart Lane, and his heart had stopped for 78 minutes before being restarted when he was taken to hospital.
“I really don’t know. It all depends on my heart rhythm. Just before the incident I felt kind of dizzy and couldn’t concentrate. My heart just stopped and I fell down,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'