`India should replicate English league`
Kolkata: Welsh footballer Niel Taylor on Tuesday said that India should replicate the English Premier League (EPL) model to "massively" boost the football scene in the country.
"It can help massively. I have seen the Indian Premier League (IPL) and how big you can do things, putting it on a global scale. I wonder how it can`t happen. They have premier leagues worldwide so hopefully India; the combination you have in the country, there`s no reason why you can`t have one," Taylor said here while interacting with participants, coaches and coordinators of the Kolkata Goalz project at the East Bengal Club.
Taylor, who plays left-back for Swansea City Association Football Club in Wales, was hopeful about the club producing quality players in future.
"We have good talent for a couple of years. Hopefully we can build on what we have and produce a strong set. The strategy at Swansea is to get players who are hungry, willing to use the opportunity and there is a prevalence of new players," said Taylor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah