`India should replicate English league`
Kolkata: Welsh footballer Niel Taylor on Tuesday said that India should replicate the English Premier League (EPL) model to "massively" boost the football scene in the country.
"It can help massively. I have seen the Indian Premier League (IPL) and how big you can do things, putting it on a global scale. I wonder how it can`t happen. They have premier leagues worldwide so hopefully India; the combination you have in the country, there`s no reason why you can`t have one," Taylor said here while interacting with participants, coaches and coordinators of the Kolkata Goalz project at the East Bengal Club.
Taylor, who plays left-back for Swansea City Association Football Club in Wales, was hopeful about the club producing quality players in future.
"We have good talent for a couple of years. Hopefully we can build on what we have and produce a strong set. The strategy at Swansea is to get players who are hungry, willing to use the opportunity and there is a prevalence of new players," said Taylor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum