`Verratti too expensive for Italian clubs`
Rome: Few Italian football clubs have the resources to buy Marco Verratti from Paris Saint-Germain, the player`s agent said.
"It would be very hard to see Marco back in Italy. Only a few clubs could buy him and even fewer could afford his wages," said his agent Donato Di Campli on Wednesday.
Verratti left Pescara for PSG in the summer after the French giants agreed to pay 12 million euros for him though he has only played Serie B football in his career. Although he`s only just begun his adventure in Ligue 1, the Italian international continues to be linked with a number of Serie A sides.
"It`s all just talk for now," Campli said. "The boy is at PSG, he wants to stay and is part of the project. His future in Paris is not tied to that of boss Carlo Ancelotti. Juventus, Milan, Roma and Napoli are all keen to sign the playmaker who also has admirers in Spain and England."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali