`Verratti too expensive for Italian clubs`
Rome: Few Italian football clubs have the resources to buy Marco Verratti from Paris Saint-Germain, the player`s agent said.
"It would be very hard to see Marco back in Italy. Only a few clubs could buy him and even fewer could afford his wages," said his agent Donato Di Campli on Wednesday.
Verratti left Pescara for PSG in the summer after the French giants agreed to pay 12 million euros for him though he has only played Serie B football in his career. Although he`s only just begun his adventure in Ligue 1, the Italian international continues to be linked with a number of Serie A sides.
"It`s all just talk for now," Campli said. "The boy is at PSG, he wants to stay and is part of the project. His future in Paris is not tied to that of boss Carlo Ancelotti. Juventus, Milan, Roma and Napoli are all keen to sign the playmaker who also has admirers in Spain and England."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday