13-year-old UK footballer drops dead during match
London: A 13-year-old promising footballer in Scotland mysteriously collapsed and died on the field during a match.
Jamie Skinner was playing for Tynecastle FC`s Under-14 team at the Saughton Astro pitch in Fernieside town when he collapsed yesterday. Desperate attempts by paramedics to revive him failed.
The cause of the death has not yet been ascertained, the BBC reported.
"A tragic event happened at Saughton Astro yesterday, a young boy playing for the Under 14s, Jamie Skinner lost his life on the pitch. In an innocuous event during the game, Jamie collapsed and despite the valiant attempts of everyone at the game, and the ambulance service, attempts to revive him were sadly in vain," said a statement on the team`s website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa