13-year-old UK footballer drops dead during match
London: A 13-year-old promising footballer in Scotland mysteriously collapsed and died on the field during a match.
Jamie Skinner was playing for Tynecastle FC`s Under-14 team at the Saughton Astro pitch in Fernieside town when he collapsed yesterday. Desperate attempts by paramedics to revive him failed.
The cause of the death has not yet been ascertained, the BBC reported.
"A tragic event happened at Saughton Astro yesterday, a young boy playing for the Under 14s, Jamie Skinner lost his life on the pitch. In an innocuous event during the game, Jamie collapsed and despite the valiant attempts of everyone at the game, and the ambulance service, attempts to revive him were sadly in vain," said a statement on the team`s website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England