2012 Euro Football Ch`ships Trophy to come to India
New Delhi: Football fans in the country will get to see for the first time the 2012 European Football Championships Trophy as it will come in three cities to be chosen in an online poll.
Three cities out of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Goa, Kochi and Pune will get a chance to host the coveted trophy.
Top brewery group Carlsberg, the official sponsors of the UEFA European Championships -- the world`s second largest football event, will bring the trophy to India.
The tournament will be held for the first time in Eastern Europe -- in Poland and Ukraine -- from June 8 to July 1.
Carlsberg India has kicked off a `Vote to get the Trophy to your city` campaign, encouraging fans to vote for their city in order that it gets the chance to qualify and host the trophy.
Fans can vote by logging on to www.facebook.com/Carlsbergand the cities with the maximum votes will host the trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption