2012 Euro Football Ch`ships Trophy to come to India
New Delhi: Football fans in the country will get to see for the first time the 2012 European Football Championships Trophy as it will come in three cities to be chosen in an online poll.
Three cities out of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Goa, Kochi and Pune will get a chance to host the coveted trophy.
Top brewery group Carlsberg, the official sponsors of the UEFA European Championships -- the world`s second largest football event, will bring the trophy to India.
The tournament will be held for the first time in Eastern Europe -- in Poland and Ukraine -- from June 8 to July 1.
Carlsberg India has kicked off a `Vote to get the Trophy to your city` campaign, encouraging fans to vote for their city in order that it gets the chance to qualify and host the trophy.
Fans can vote by logging on to www.facebook.com/Carlsbergand the cities with the maximum votes will host the trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell