2014 FIFA World Cup ticket requests hit 5.4 million
Rio de Janeiro: World football`s governing body FIFA received requests for 5.4 million World Cup tickets as the deadline approached for the first phase of applications on Wednesday night.
The top 10 nationalities for requests were Brazil, US, Argentina, Germany, Chile, England, Japan, Colombia, Australia and Mexico, reported Xinhua citing FIFA`s media department on Twitter.
Under the World Cup ticketing system, fans have had since August 20 to submit requests to 64 matches across 12 Brazilian cities.
If demand exceeds the number of tickets available for any given match, a random draw will take place to determine the recipients.
The deadline for the first ticketing phase ends at 12 p.m. Thursday (CET). The second ticket sale phase starts Dec 8, two days after the World Cup draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state