2022 Qatar World Cup set to move to winter, says FIFA secretary general
Sydney: The Qatar 2022 Football World Cup is set to be switched to November and December in winters, as the Premier League was close to an agreement for it, according to FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Valcke, who is leading the review into whether the tournament in Qatar should be moved to the winter, confirmed that, barring unforeseen circumstances, it would be played at the end of 2022.
Valcke revealed that the FA and Premier League were determined to preserve English football`s traditional Christmas programme, the report said.
He also admitted that one of his biggest headaches would be the 2023 African Cup of Nations, which would normally begin in January of that year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India