2022 Qatar World Cup set to move to winter, says FIFA secretary general
Sydney: The Qatar 2022 Football World Cup is set to be switched to November and December in winters, as the Premier League was close to an agreement for it, according to FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Valcke, who is leading the review into whether the tournament in Qatar should be moved to the winter, confirmed that, barring unforeseen circumstances, it would be played at the end of 2022.
Valcke revealed that the FA and Premier League were determined to preserve English football`s traditional Christmas programme, the report said.
He also admitted that one of his biggest headaches would be the 2023 African Cup of Nations, which would normally begin in January of that year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan