2022 Qatar World Cup set to move to winter, says FIFA secretary general
Sydney: The Qatar 2022 Football World Cup is set to be switched to November and December in winters, as the Premier League was close to an agreement for it, according to FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Valcke, who is leading the review into whether the tournament in Qatar should be moved to the winter, confirmed that, barring unforeseen circumstances, it would be played at the end of 2022.
Valcke revealed that the FA and Premier League were determined to preserve English football`s traditional Christmas programme, the report said.
He also admitted that one of his biggest headaches would be the 2023 African Cup of Nations, which would normally begin in January of that year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says