2nd division league club selection starts
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has announced that the selection of teams as per the federation`s Indian club licensing criteria for the second division league 2014/15 season started on Monday.
The state associations have been asked to send in their nominations of the interested clubs along with the required documents for licensing latest by July 25.
The 2nd division league will start from the middle of November this year.
There is a cap of maximum of three teams from any particular city in the I-League and the 2nd division league put together with the exception of Goa and Kolkata, where the maximum cap is five teams for both I-League and the 2nd division put together.
However, in Goa and Kolkata a maximum of three teams can play in the top-flight and the newly promoted team will have to relocate. In case of other venues/cities the cap of teams in I-League is two clubs.
Sporting merit will be a critical aspect in the selection of clubs for the 2nd division league. The teams that qualify will be chosen on their performance in the last played top-most local leagues/tournament.
It has also been announced that the U-19 I-League will begin in September this year.
It is mandatory for all the 2nd division league clubs to field a team in the U19 I-League tournament. This will be held in two phases -- phase 1 will be zonal competition and the top teams will be competing in the final round.
All the state associations have been asked to send a tentative list of teams interested in participating in the 2nd division league by July 15.
The winning team from the 2nd division will get promoted to the I-League, subject to acquiring the license for competing in the I-League under the Indian Club Licensing regulations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams
- Complete list of award winners at IPL 2015