Adebayor to miss Togo`s World Cup qualifier
Lome (Togo): Emmanuel Adebayor will once again miss Togo`s 2014 World Cup qualifier against DR Congo in Kinshasa Sunday.
The striker, who spent this season on loan from Manchester City to Tottenham Hotspur, had initially been included in Togo`s squad against Libya last weekend, but he did not feature in the 1-1 draw with the Libyans in Lome and the Togolese Football Federation (FTF) said they have had no contact with the player since.
"He has not contacted us, despite the fact that we had been in discussions with him for several weeks," an FTF official was quoted as saying by a news agency.
"We are still negotiating to try and get him to return to the squad, because his teammates need him to be there," he added.
Adebayor announced international retirement in April 2010. He was on the Togo team bus in January that year when three people were killed in a gun attack ahead of the Africa Nations Cup in Angola.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi