Adebayor to miss Togo`s World Cup qualifier
Lome (Togo): Emmanuel Adebayor will once again miss Togo`s 2014 World Cup qualifier against DR Congo in Kinshasa Sunday.
The striker, who spent this season on loan from Manchester City to Tottenham Hotspur, had initially been included in Togo`s squad against Libya last weekend, but he did not feature in the 1-1 draw with the Libyans in Lome and the Togolese Football Federation (FTF) said they have had no contact with the player since.
"He has not contacted us, despite the fact that we had been in discussions with him for several weeks," an FTF official was quoted as saying by a news agency.
"We are still negotiating to try and get him to return to the squad, because his teammates need him to be there," he added.
Adebayor announced international retirement in April 2010. He was on the Togo team bus in January that year when three people were killed in a gun attack ahead of the Africa Nations Cup in Angola.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre