AIFF ropes in India`s FIFA referees
New Delhi: In their bid to raise the standards of refereeing in the country, the All India Football Federation (AIFF) Thursday roped in FIFA referees Pratap Singh, C.R. Srikrishna and M.B. Santosh Kumar giving them a seven-month professional contract.
AIFF`s head of referees Goutam Kar said the contract will run from October to May on a trial basis.
"The three refrees have signed a seven-month contract. They will get their monthly salaries and all other expenses except match fee will be taken care of by AIFF," Kar said. "The contract will run from October to May on a trial basis. After assessing its pros and cons we will extend it," he added.
Singh said he was honoured to sign a contract with the AIFF.
"I feel honoured to be part of this professional system. It means we have to put in that extra bit on match days and do our job more prudently and with care. We are thankful to AIFF for choosing us," he said.
Kumar said for him it is a dream come true.
"We have got the boost to give our best and improve ourselves. We have been trusted with added responsibility and we are ready to grateful to AIFF," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!