AIFF ropes in India`s FIFA referees
New Delhi: In their bid to raise the standards of refereeing in the country, the All India Football Federation (AIFF) Thursday roped in FIFA referees Pratap Singh, C.R. Srikrishna and M.B. Santosh Kumar giving them a seven-month professional contract.
AIFF`s head of referees Goutam Kar said the contract will run from October to May on a trial basis.
"The three refrees have signed a seven-month contract. They will get their monthly salaries and all other expenses except match fee will be taken care of by AIFF," Kar said. "The contract will run from October to May on a trial basis. After assessing its pros and cons we will extend it," he added.
Singh said he was honoured to sign a contract with the AIFF.
"I feel honoured to be part of this professional system. It means we have to put in that extra bit on match days and do our job more prudently and with care. We are thankful to AIFF for choosing us," he said.
Kumar said for him it is a dream come true.
"We have got the boost to give our best and improve ourselves. We have been trusted with added responsibility and we are ready to grateful to AIFF," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone