AIFF to decide on exemption pleas of I-league clubs
New Delhi: All India Football Federation`s (AIFF) Club Licensing Committee will meet here next week to decide on the exemption pleas of the 14 I-league clubs, who had failed to clear the Licensing Test, for the upcoming season.
The five-member committee will take a call on the exemption at a meeting on August 21 at the AIFF headquarters.
All the applicants had failed to clear the first Licensing Test on August 2.
The clubs were Dempo SC, Pune FC, Salgaocar SC, Churchill Brothers, East Bengal, Mohun Bagan, Sporting Clube de Goa, Prayag United SC, United Sikkim, Mohammedan Sporting, ,Mumbai FC, Rangdajied FC, Shillong Lajong FC, and Pailan Arrows.
An exemption would allow the clubs to participate in I-League and Federation Cup this season.
Before granting a license to the clubs, the AIFF looks at five areas - legal, infrastructure, financial, personnel and sporting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know