Air India blank Arrows 2-0
Kolkata: A double strike by Prakash Thorat helped Air India beat Pailan Arrows 2-0 in a 25th round I-League encounter at the Yuba Bharati Krinangan here on Saturday.
Thorat scored in the 44th and 67th minutes.
The win took Air India to 32 points from 25 matches while Arrows remained winless with nine points from their 22 games.
Thorat scored his first goal when he tapped in a cross from the right side just a minute before the half-time.
In the second half he scored his second and was also declared the the Man of the Match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman