Air India blank Arrows 2-0
Kolkata: A double strike by Prakash Thorat helped Air India beat Pailan Arrows 2-0 in a 25th round I-League encounter at the Yuba Bharati Krinangan here on Saturday.
Thorat scored in the 44th and 67th minutes.
The win took Air India to 32 points from 25 matches while Arrows remained winless with nine points from their 22 games.
Thorat scored his first goal when he tapped in a cross from the right side just a minute before the half-time.
In the second half he scored his second and was also declared the the Man of the Match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city