Air India upset Salgaocar 3-1
Pune: Hosts Air India inflicted an upset 3-1 defeat on defending champions Salgaocar Sports Club during a third round I-League clash at the Balewadi Sports Complex on Tuesday.
Mandeep Singh scored twice for the Airmen in the 21st and 24th minute before Salgaocar`s Ryuji Seoka minimised the lead in the 36th minute. Muhammad Shafi`s second half strike sealed the deal for the hosts.
The Mumbai side, who lost their two previous games, opened their account with three points while also maintaining their unbeaten record against the Goan giants in the last three seasons of the I-League.
Salgaocar, who slumped to their second defeat in three games, have three points from three matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials