Alexandre Pato cautious about form after injury
Rio de Janeiro: Corinthians striker Alexandre Pato admits he is still "a long way off" from rediscovering the form that made him one of the world`s most sought-after strikers.
The 23-year-old scored his third goal in seven matches for the Brazilian club during a 2-0 Copa Libertadores group-stage victory over Colombia`s Millonarios Wednesday, reports Xinhua.
"Physically I am feeling very good. I ran a lot and managed to score but I still have a long way to go," he said Thursday.
Pato, who joined Corinthians in January from AC Milan for a reported fee of 15 million euros, has played just 32 matches in the past two years due to injury.
Corinthians coach Tite was cautiously optimistic when asked about the forward.
"Pato is gradually gaining match fitness. He is still looking for his best form but he is participating and that makes me happy," Tite said.
Corinthians next Copa Libertadores assignment is an away trip to Mexico`s Tijuana away March 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok