Alexandre Pato cautious about form after injury
Rio de Janeiro: Corinthians striker Alexandre Pato admits he is still "a long way off" from rediscovering the form that made him one of the world`s most sought-after strikers.
The 23-year-old scored his third goal in seven matches for the Brazilian club during a 2-0 Copa Libertadores group-stage victory over Colombia`s Millonarios Wednesday, reports Xinhua.
"Physically I am feeling very good. I ran a lot and managed to score but I still have a long way to go," he said Thursday.
Pato, who joined Corinthians in January from AC Milan for a reported fee of 15 million euros, has played just 32 matches in the past two years due to injury.
Corinthians coach Tite was cautiously optimistic when asked about the forward.
"Pato is gradually gaining match fitness. He is still looking for his best form but he is participating and that makes me happy," Tite said.
Corinthians next Copa Libertadores assignment is an away trip to Mexico`s Tijuana away March 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 23 new doping failures from 2012 London Olympic Games: IOC
- Hamid Ansari's Morocco visit will boost strategic partnership with India: Larbi Reffouh
- Chabahar port deal 'not finished'; Pakistan, China welcome: Iran
- Listen to the government, Bajrang Dal is not BJP, says Amit Shah
- Read this to know where Barack Obama will stay after retirement!