Allegri compares Balotelli to Ibrahimovic
Milan: AC Milan head coach Massimiliano Allegri has compared Mario Balotelli to Zlatan Ibrahimovic and said the former Manchester City striker could still improve as a player.
Balotelli joined the Milan outfit from English club Manchester City in January and has scored seven goals in his first six games for the Serie A team.
"He`s similar to Ibrahimovic both physically and technically," Allegri said on Friday. "But he can get better because he`s playing with continuity here.
"Balotelli still has to improve a lot as a centre-forward given his potential, but he has all the right ingredients to do it.
"The important thing is that he keeps on playing for the team."
Milan had a slow start to the season after selling Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to Paris Saint-Germain, as well as releasing a host of veterans.
"The squad is young and I`m happy with the work that the club has done," Allegri, whose side lost five of their first eight League ties, added.
"If we get into the Champions League, without having to pre-qualify, it`ll have been a good year. One thing is sure, if we`re to get where we want to be, we`ll need a lot of points."
Milan are currently third, two points behind Napoli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown