Alonso hails `perfect` communicator Mourinho
Spain: The Portuguese was painted as a divisive figure in the Spanish capital, but the defensive midfielder could only speak highly of his experience playing under the 50-year-old.
Xabi Alonso has paid tribute to Jose Mourinho by claiming that the former Real Madrid coach never lost the dressing room during his time at the Santiago Bernabeu.
The 50-year-old`s last season at the helm of the Blancos was marred by reports of conflicts with numerous personnel - including captain Iker Casillas and Spain international Sergio Ramos.
But in Alonso`s eyes, contrary to media perceptions, Mourinho - who has since left Madrid in favour of a return to Chelsea - is not a divisive figure, but rather a "perfect" communicator.
"He`s someone who can touch a chord and knows how to perfectly transmit messages in the dressing room. He is a good communicator," he said.
"He knows how and when to make quick decisions which can change the outcome of a game."
Alonso has undergone surgery on a groin injury and will consequently be out of action for six to eight weeks, thus missing the opportunity to represent Spain at the Confederations Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- India deserves to be in NSG, the US will work for it: Envoy Richard Verma
- 'Sarbjit' eyeing on Oscars, confirms producer
- Excessive childbirth fear can lead to post-partum depression
- Indian Sports Fraternity on Lionel Messi's decision to quit Argentina. See their reaction on Twitter!
- Formula 1: Bernie Ecclestone planning to scrap 'unequal' prize money structure