Ancelotti warns ’Chelsea-bound` Mourinho to beware of `sack`
London: Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho has been warned by Paris Saint Germain boss Carlo Ancelotti that he may also be sacked by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich if he returns to the club.
Mourinho has agreed to return to Stamford Bridge, where he won two Premier League titles as boss between 2004 and 2007, on a 12 million pounds-a-year contract, although the move will be confirmed after the end of the current season at Real.
However, former Chelsea boss Ancelotti has warned that even the Special One will not be safe because of Abramovich`s trigger-happy ways as the Italian was axed by the Blues just a year after leading them to a historic Double of Premier League and FA Cup triumphs.
Joking that Mourinho could easily go the same way as him, Andre Villas-Boas and Roberto Di Matteo, neither of whom lasted a year in charge of the west Londoners, Ancelotti said that such things happen at Chelsea as it is different from other clubs.
Marveling at Chelsea`s ability to cope with managerial changes, Ancelotti, who ironically is favourite to replace Mourinho at Real after winning the French title this season, however, said that Mourinho is a great manager and had a good experience at Chelsea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees