Angola draw Nations Cup warm-up in Nigeria
Abuja: Angola completed their programme of pre-African Nations Cup friendlies with a goalless draw away against Nigeria on Wednesday.
Angola, who drew at home with Cameroon and Namibia and beat Zambia in December friendlies, ended their sequence of matches unbeaten.
It was Nigeria`s first match under coach Stephen Keshi, forced to pick a side devoid of any of the country`s multitude of foreign-based players. The game was played behind closed doors because of security fears after protests in the capital over fuel subsidies.
Angola play in Group B at the Nations Cup against Burkina Faso, the Ivory Coast and Sudan. The tournament starts on January 21.
Nigeria were among the heavyweight casualties who failed to qualify for the 2012 finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr