Argentina beats Peru 2-1
Buenos Aires: Argentina beat Peru 2-1 with all goals scored in the first half of their match Friday in Buenos Aires, as part of the South American qualifiers.
The game at the Argentine capital`s Monumental Stadium saw the visitors take an early lead with a goal by Claudio Pizarro in the 20th minute.
But Argentinian player Ezequiel Lavezzi, who plays for France`s Paris Saint Germain, scored two goals soon in the 22nd and 34th minutes to seal the win.
Argentina has already qualified for the World Cup, while Peru is now out of the running.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?