Arrows hold United SC in I-League
Kolkata: United SC wasted easy chances and were held to a goalless draw by Pailan Indian Arrows in a ninth round I-League match at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan on Wednesday.
The only unbeaten team in the ongoing I-League, United SC had a full strength squad at their disposal with two foreigners in Joshimar da Silva Martins and Yusif Yakubu, but the duo missed a couple of chances in the first half to let the team down.
The developmental team from AIFF, who have suffered five losses from nine matches, on the other hand, would be happy to earn a point.
Both teams came into the second half looking for a victory but were able to create any significant opportunity.
United SC now have 17 points while Arrows have five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog