Arsenal boss attributes hiding own weakness to success as longest serving manager
London: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has claimed that the reason he is football`s longest serving manager is because he never allowed his players to see his weaknesses.
63-year old Wenger who has served for 17 years as the manager despite eight seasons without a trophy said that in football management, one cannot cheat because when one works with 30 players, they detect the weaknesses in the personality.
Speaking to a convention of Japanese businessmen, Wenger further said that as manager his biggest power is to drop a player who is under performing and added that a good footballer should feel he can express himself, but also be helpful to the group.
A report said Wenger saying that in football, being a weak player can cost the game and every minute of every day, a footballer tests himself and that is where the stress comes from.
Adding that a top level sportsman is driven by their motivation for success, Wenger said that it doesn`t necessarily mean successful sportsmen are happy people but it means they are determined and are ready to hurt themselves to be successful, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet
- Confusion prevails over surrender of top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander in Kashmir
- NASA to make second attempt to inflate expandable habitat on ISS