Arsenal lose Nasri for a month following knee surgery
London: Arsenal`s France midfielder Samir Nasri will be sidelined for a month following knee surgery, the Premier League club said on Wednesday.
Nasri played for the full 90 minutes in Arsenal`s season opening 1-1 draw at Liverpool on Sunday but picked up a minor knee ligament injury during the match.
The timing is a blow for manager Arsene Wenger as Nasri was in good form during pre-season and at Anfield on Sunday.
"Samir Nasri will today undergo minor surgery on his knee following a meniscal injury sustained during the match against Liverpool," the club said on their website.
"Nasri, who has been in impressive form, will be out of action for a month."
Nasri, 23, made a total of 34 appearances for Arsenal last season scoring five goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption