Arsenal lose Nasri for a month following knee surgery
London: Arsenal`s France midfielder Samir Nasri will be sidelined for a month following knee surgery, the Premier League club said on Wednesday.
Nasri played for the full 90 minutes in Arsenal`s season opening 1-1 draw at Liverpool on Sunday but picked up a minor knee ligament injury during the match.
The timing is a blow for manager Arsene Wenger as Nasri was in good form during pre-season and at Anfield on Sunday.
"Samir Nasri will today undergo minor surgery on his knee following a meniscal injury sustained during the match against Liverpool," the club said on their website.
"Nasri, who has been in impressive form, will be out of action for a month."
Nasri, 23, made a total of 34 appearances for Arsenal last season scoring five goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say