Arsenal lose Nasri for a month following knee surgery
London: Arsenal`s France midfielder Samir Nasri will be sidelined for a month following knee surgery, the Premier League club said on Wednesday.
Nasri played for the full 90 minutes in Arsenal`s season opening 1-1 draw at Liverpool on Sunday but picked up a minor knee ligament injury during the match.
The timing is a blow for manager Arsene Wenger as Nasri was in good form during pre-season and at Anfield on Sunday.
"Samir Nasri will today undergo minor surgery on his knee following a meniscal injury sustained during the match against Liverpool," the club said on their website.
"Nasri, who has been in impressive form, will be out of action for a month."
Nasri, 23, made a total of 34 appearances for Arsenal last season scoring five goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Irrfan Khan wanted to make film on Mahasweta Devi's life
- Hard to digest! 90-year-old woman comes back to life at funeral, says she met 'Yamraj'
- Panasonic launches T44 lite smartphone at Rs 3,199
- Gold prices slumps by Rs 100 to 30,800 per ten grams
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details