Aspiring footballers get chance to figure in Munich camp
Mumbai: Five young footballers, to be selected from a camp involving over 45,000 aspirants from 800 schools across 120 cities in India, would be rewarded with berths in the annual international football camp in Munich in August.
The selection process for the June-July fourth annual junior football camp is being conducted by a private insurer in association with its official partner German football giant Bayern Munich.
"The camp to be held in Munich, Germany in August, will provide teenagers from across the world, between the age group of 14-16 years, the opportunity to meet and train with Bayern Munich coaches on the club`s official training ground. They would also get a chance to attend a match at Allianz Arena and meet football stars from the club like Thomas Mueller, Oliver Bastian and others," the insurer said in a statement.
On their return, the five youngsters would receive training scholarships under the Youth Development Programme of Kolkata club Mohun Bagan. Besides, the winning teams of the zonal finale would be awarded cash prizes of Rs 75,000.
The private sector insurer on Monday announced the selection process in Mumbai for the talent hunt, which is being held for the second consecutive time here.
It will target 2,000 students across 50 top schools in the metropolis. In addition, the organisers will be conducting selection process in Pune, Kerala, Delhi, Chandigarh, Kolkata and North East.
Overall, 45,000 youngsters will be targeted in the selection process taking place in June and July in the country, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested