Barca, Atletico maintain 100 percent record
Madrid: FC Barcelona ended any debates whether or not they have changed to a long ball style of football with a 4-1 win at home to Real Sociedad.
The game was the first of the sixth round of games in the Spanish La Liga and Barcelona maintain their 100 percent start to the season thanks to an excellent display with goals from Neymar, who netted his first goal in the league, Lionel Messi, Sergio Busquets and defender Marc Bartra Tuesday,
Better finishing would have seen Barca win by a greater margin but with Tata Martino`s side dominating possession from start to finish, any further debate whether they have changed their style of play seems rather pointless.
Atletico Madrid began the day as the only other side in Spain with a 100 percent record after five games and Diego Pablo Simeone`s side got off to a flying start at home to struggling Osasuna as in-form striker Diego Costa scored after 18 and 24 minutes to put Atletico 2-0 ahead.
Oriol Riera gave Osasuna hope with a goal on the stroke of halftime and the second half made it clear than the visitors have become a more competitive side since the arrival of coach Javi Gracia to replace the sacked Jose Luis Mendilibar with forward Emiliano Armenteros a constant threat.
However, Osasuna were unable to find an equaliser and Atletico, like Barca, have also won their first six matches of the season, the perfect way to warm up for this weekend`s derby away to Real Madrid.
Tuesday also saw Levante and Valladolid draw 1-1, although Valladolid will probably be happier with the result after playing over 45 minutes with a player less after the sending off of defender Zakara Bergdich.
Baba Diawara had put Levante ahead 10 minutes from time but Javi Guerra assured a share of the points six minutes later.
Finally the Andalucian derby between Malaga and Almeria was decided by second half goals by defender Sergio Sanchez and midfielder Francisco Portillo which confirm Malaga`s recovery and leaves Almeria still looking for their first win of the season and also waiting for a game where they concede less than two goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city