Barcelona defeat Levante 1-0
Madrid: Cesc Fabregas scored an 84th-minute goal to give FC Barcelona a narrow 1-0 win at Camp Nou Stadium here against a battling Levante.
The win was deserved by Barcelona, who had around 80 percent of ball possession but struggled to create chances against a well organised rival Saturday.
The win means that Tito Vilanova`s side could be crowned as Spanish Primera Liga champions next Saturday if they win in Bilbao and Real Madrid lose in their derby against local rivals Atletico Madrid.
The big news before the game was that Eric Abidal was in the starting 11 for Barcelona for the first time in 14 months since his liver transplant.
Abidal played in central defence ahead of Gerard Pique and Marc Barta, who could be first choice for the Catalans in their Champions League semi-final next Tuesday against Bayern Munich.
Elsewhere, Xavi Hernandez was also rested while Lionel Messi was also out despite having recovered from a hamstring injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Turkey mends fences with Israel and Russia in foreign policy reset
- Roy Hodgson quits as England boss after Iceland humiliation
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission