Barcelona defeat Levante 1-0
Madrid: Cesc Fabregas scored an 84th-minute goal to give FC Barcelona a narrow 1-0 win at Camp Nou Stadium here against a battling Levante.
The win was deserved by Barcelona, who had around 80 percent of ball possession but struggled to create chances against a well organised rival Saturday.
The win means that Tito Vilanova`s side could be crowned as Spanish Primera Liga champions next Saturday if they win in Bilbao and Real Madrid lose in their derby against local rivals Atletico Madrid.
The big news before the game was that Eric Abidal was in the starting 11 for Barcelona for the first time in 14 months since his liver transplant.
Abidal played in central defence ahead of Gerard Pique and Marc Barta, who could be first choice for the Catalans in their Champions League semi-final next Tuesday against Bayern Munich.
Elsewhere, Xavi Hernandez was also rested while Lionel Messi was also out despite having recovered from a hamstring injury.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know