Barcelona defeat Levante 1-0
Madrid: Cesc Fabregas scored an 84th-minute goal to give FC Barcelona a narrow 1-0 win at Camp Nou Stadium here against a battling Levante.
The win was deserved by Barcelona, who had around 80 percent of ball possession but struggled to create chances against a well organised rival Saturday.
The win means that Tito Vilanova`s side could be crowned as Spanish Primera Liga champions next Saturday if they win in Bilbao and Real Madrid lose in their derby against local rivals Atletico Madrid.
The big news before the game was that Eric Abidal was in the starting 11 for Barcelona for the first time in 14 months since his liver transplant.
Abidal played in central defence ahead of Gerard Pique and Marc Barta, who could be first choice for the Catalans in their Champions League semi-final next Tuesday against Bayern Munich.
Elsewhere, Xavi Hernandez was also rested while Lionel Messi was also out despite having recovered from a hamstring injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid