Barcelona hit with injury to Spain fullback Jordi Alba
Madrid: Barcelona`s Spain left back Jordi Alba will be sidelined for around three weeks after he damaged a hamstring in Saturday`s 3-2 La Liga win at home to Sevilla, the club said on Sunday.
"Jordi Alba had more tests on Sunday morning to assess the exact extent of the injury he picked up during the first half of the match against Sevilla," Barca said on their website (www.fcbarcelona.es).
"Medical staff confirmed the player sustained a tear in his right hamstring," they added. "The estimated time he will be out of action is approximately three weeks."
Alba, who was replaced by Adriano in the 14th minute of the clash at the Nou Camp, will miss Barca`s Champions League Group H games against Ajax Amsterdam and Celtic.
He will also be unavailable for some or all of the champions` La Liga matches against Rayo Vallecano, Real Sociedad, Almeria and Real Valladolid.
The 24-year-old should return in time for Spain`s remaining two World Cup Group I qualifiers at home to Belarus and Georgia on October 11 and October 15 respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes