Barcelona nearly hired me instead of Guardiola: Pellegrini
Italy: The outgoing Malaga coach, who is in line to replace Roberto Mancini at Manchester City, insists he no longer has eyes for the Camp Nou job.
Manchester City-bound Manuel Pellegrini has revealed he was almost hired by Barcelona instead of Pep Guardiola.
The Blaugrana went on to enjoy incredible success under the Spaniard - including two Champions League trophies - while Pellegrini spent a year in charge at Real Madrid before being ousted in favour of Jose Mourinho.
Pellergrini`s reputation has grown since his move to Malaga in 2010 and ahead of his last game in charge of the Andalusians against Tito Vilanova`s Barca, the Chilean has claimed the past few years could have turned out very differently for him and Guardiola.
"Before Pep Guardiola took charge of Barcelona, I was very close to signing," he said.
"I`m very happy that it isn`t currently possible for me to manage Barcelona, because if it were, it would mean that Tito Vilanova was in poor health," he told the largest television network in his country.
Barca and Malaga`s clash at Camp Nou kicks off at 18:00CET on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?