Barcelona training camp in Pune comes to an end
Pune: Pune on Tuesday witnessed the last day of FC Barcelona training camp at Blue Ridge International School. FC Barcelona trained participants in the age groups 6-17 using their own renowned training methodology. The 5 day camp headed by Antoni Claveria, Technical Director, FCBEscola - India, comprised of both practical and in-classroom training with special focus on values such as tolerance, respect, solidarity, friendship, community spirit and integration.
Antoni Claveria was assisted by coaches from Conscient Football who have been trained by FC Barcelona to conduct such camps. The camps had a coach to player ratio of 1:10.
The camp was also visited by Arata Izumi, famous striker of Pune FC, who even played alongside the kids in a friendly match. He was excited seeing the motivation and skill set of kids at the FC Barcelona camp. The parents at the camp were elated seeing a marked improvement in their kids in just five days of coaching. Mr. Nari Advani father of 10 year old participant said, “I saw for myself how the coaches focus on each kid and work with them until he/she gets a particular move right. I hope Barcelona organizes more of such camps in the future.”
The youth development academy of FC Barcelona is globally recognized for its ability to identify, groom and nurture talent such as Lionel Messi, Cesc Fabregas, Xavi Hernandez, Gerard Pique, Victor Valdes, Carlos Puyol and Andres Iniesta, among others.
Speaking about the training camp, Antoni Claveria, Technical Director, FCBEscola - India said, “The enthusiasm in learning is the key factor for progress. We want the kids to enjoy the game while learning the techniques essential to play it. I see a huge potential in the kids here. We hope that they will benefit from the initial training and continue to hone their skills.”
Anupama Jain, Director – Conscient Football, said, “Our coaches are excited seeing the talent of kids here in Pune. Our next camps happen in Vadodara and we aim to travel to more than 14 cities in the next twelve months to train youngsters in the famous Barça way.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!