Beckham named Major League Soccer Comeback Player of the Year
London: English soccer star David Beckham has been named Major League Soccer Comeback Player of the Year.
The award was voted on by club representatives, media, and players, according to reports.
The 36-year-old player, whose five-year contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy expires this month, suffered a torn Achilles tendon what limited him to just 10 games with the Galaxy and forced him to skip the FIFA World Cup in 2010.
But he had a persuasive fifth season in the North American league after coming back from injury.
Beckham registered 15 assists (second in the league) in 26 games and scored twice this year. He also surpassed his personal MLS-bests in games played (previously 25) and assists (10).
Beckham was also named recently to the MLS Best XI this season, joining four other midfielders on the all-star team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family