Beckham set to be US football franchisee’s boss
London: Former England international David Beckham has confirmed he is close to buying a football franchisee in America’s Major League Soccer.
The Manchester United legend has quit Los Angeles Galaxy and will play his final game for the side on Sunday.
“Yes. That will obviously come into play now. It only came into play once I finished playing here. I`m excited about that,” the Sun quoted Beckham, as saying to a US radio channel.
“My commitment when I came here six years ago was to take this league to another level, and my commitment stays the same. I might not be playing here but I will become a owner of a franchise and it`s something that I`m excited about,” he added.
“We`re close to a decision on that, but I can`t say it right now. I`m close to a decision on that!” he said.
Announcing the end of his contract with LA Galaxy recently, David, who has children Brooklyn, 13, Romeo, 10, seven-year-old Cruz, and 16-month-old daughter Harper with wife Victoria, spoke about his ownership ambitions.
Beckham said in a statement: “I`ve had an incredibly special time playing for the LA Galaxy. However, I wanted to experience one last challenge before the end of my playing career.”
“I don`t see this as the end of my relationship with the league, as my ambition is to be part of the ownership structure in the future,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad