Being Argentina captain has not changed me: Messi
Barcelona: Argentina ace Lionel Messi says being named captain of his country last year has not changed the way he acts around his fellow players.
La Albiceleste have won four and drawn two of their seven competitive fixtures since head coach Alejandro Sabella handed the Golden Shoe winner the armband.
They now sit top of their qualifying group, one point above Colombia and Ecuador, but have two crucial World Cup qualifiers ahead of them, against Uruguay on Friday and Chile on Tuesday.
"I lived through some sad times with the results [we were having]," Messi told Fox Sports Radio. "Now that we are winning everything gets easier."
"I always really enjoy coming to play with Argentina. We are growing as a team, and we are still becoming stronger as a group.
"Wearing the captain`s armband has not changed me", he added. "I still do the same things with my team-mates."
The 25-year-old also spoke of his excitement at the prospect of being with his unborn son.
He added: "I am grateful to God for all he gave me. I cannot wait to be with my son," said the Barcelona forward.
When asked about who his child would support, Messi replied: "I guess my son will be a Barca fan...sure."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside