Being Argentina captain has not changed me: Messi
Barcelona: Argentina ace Lionel Messi says being named captain of his country last year has not changed the way he acts around his fellow players.
La Albiceleste have won four and drawn two of their seven competitive fixtures since head coach Alejandro Sabella handed the Golden Shoe winner the armband.
They now sit top of their qualifying group, one point above Colombia and Ecuador, but have two crucial World Cup qualifiers ahead of them, against Uruguay on Friday and Chile on Tuesday.
"I lived through some sad times with the results [we were having]," Messi told Fox Sports Radio. "Now that we are winning everything gets easier."
"I always really enjoy coming to play with Argentina. We are growing as a team, and we are still becoming stronger as a group.
"Wearing the captain`s armband has not changed me", he added. "I still do the same things with my team-mates."
The 25-year-old also spoke of his excitement at the prospect of being with his unborn son.
He added: "I am grateful to God for all he gave me. I cannot wait to be with my son," said the Barcelona forward.
When asked about who his child would support, Messi replied: "I guess my son will be a Barca fan...sure."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical