Belmadi appointed coach for Qatar football team
Doha: Algeria`s Djamel Belmadi has been appointed as the head coach of Qatar`s national team, the country`s football governing body said Sunday.
The 37-year-old Belmadi spent most of his player career with European clubs and retired in France`s Valenciennes in 2009, reports Xinhua.
His first experience as head coach was in Qatar`s Lekhwiya. After taking the position in the summer of 2010, he led the newly-promoted top division club to two league titles in 2011 and 2012.
The country`s former coach Fahad Thani, under whose charge Qatar failed to qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, has been given the job as coach of the Olympic squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!