Belmadi appointed coach for Qatar football team
Doha: Algeria`s Djamel Belmadi has been appointed as the head coach of Qatar`s national team, the country`s football governing body said Sunday.
The 37-year-old Belmadi spent most of his player career with European clubs and retired in France`s Valenciennes in 2009, reports Xinhua.
His first experience as head coach was in Qatar`s Lekhwiya. After taking the position in the summer of 2010, he led the newly-promoted top division club to two league titles in 2011 and 2012.
The country`s former coach Fahad Thani, under whose charge Qatar failed to qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, has been given the job as coach of the Olympic squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP