Benfica wins 2-1 at Feirense in Portugal
Lisbon (Portugal): Benfica extended its overnight lead of the Portuguese league to five points through its 2-1 win at Feirense on Saturday.
Fernando Varela headed in Feirense’s 50th opener, but four minutes later the defender leveled the score with an own goal when he headed an attempted clearance into his team’s net.
Oscar Cardozo stroked home the winner for Benfica from the penalty spot in the 73rd after Varela fouled Rodrigo Moreno. It was Cardozo’s league-leading 13th goal of the season.
Also, Academica drew 0-0 at Rio Ave.
Second-placed Porto will look to keep pace with Benfica when it visits Gil Vicente on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan