Benfica wins 2-1 at Feirense in Portugal
Lisbon (Portugal): Benfica extended its overnight lead of the Portuguese league to five points through its 2-1 win at Feirense on Saturday.
Fernando Varela headed in Feirense’s 50th opener, but four minutes later the defender leveled the score with an own goal when he headed an attempted clearance into his team’s net.
Oscar Cardozo stroked home the winner for Benfica from the penalty spot in the 73rd after Varela fouled Rodrigo Moreno. It was Cardozo’s league-leading 13th goal of the season.
Also, Academica drew 0-0 at Rio Ave.
Second-placed Porto will look to keep pace with Benfica when it visits Gil Vicente on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!