Benitez blames Napoli`s loss on individual errors
Rome: Napoli head coach Rafa Benitez blamed his players for their individual mistakes that led to their 3-0 defeat at Atalanta.
The howlers from Pepe Reina, Gokhan Inler and Federico Fernandez, which Benitez rued, proved to cost Napoli dear Sunday, Xinhua reported.
"We had to play with sharpness and quality to win. We had three or four promising counters in the first half, then started the second with a mistake. We had a chance, then a mistake, then another chance and another error," Benitez said.
He suggested that those mistakes ruined Napoli`s game.
"Of course it becomes very difficult to get back into a game after making so many mistakes. I don` t think these errors have happened before, but they completely changed the game," he said.
The former Liverpool manager asked his side to learn to score against well-organised team in the future.
"It is difficult to find space against teams like Chievo, Bologna and Atalanta, but we must learn to score more goals," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters