Benitez blames Napoli`s loss on individual errors
Rome: Napoli head coach Rafa Benitez blamed his players for their individual mistakes that led to their 3-0 defeat at Atalanta.
The howlers from Pepe Reina, Gokhan Inler and Federico Fernandez, which Benitez rued, proved to cost Napoli dear Sunday, Xinhua reported.
"We had to play with sharpness and quality to win. We had three or four promising counters in the first half, then started the second with a mistake. We had a chance, then a mistake, then another chance and another error," Benitez said.
He suggested that those mistakes ruined Napoli`s game.
"Of course it becomes very difficult to get back into a game after making so many mistakes. I don` t think these errors have happened before, but they completely changed the game," he said.
The former Liverpool manager asked his side to learn to score against well-organised team in the future.
"It is difficult to find space against teams like Chievo, Bologna and Atalanta, but we must learn to score more goals," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre