Bhutia, Chhetri may feature in AIFF`s IPL style league
New Delhi: Former India captain Baichung Bhutia, striker Sunil Chettri and star defender Syed Rahim Nabi are set to play in AIFF`s proposed franchise-based tournament in January next year.
AIFF will conduct the tournament in collaboration with IMG-Reliance, who will be the marketing partner for the IPL styled league.
AIFF sources said close to 10 prominent players have been approached to feature in the league including goalkeeper Subrata Paul.
"Yes we are in talks with these players. Hopefully we will get to see them playing in the league," an AIFF source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires