Bhutia, Chhetri may feature in AIFF`s IPL style league
New Delhi: Former India captain Baichung Bhutia, striker Sunil Chettri and star defender Syed Rahim Nabi are set to play in AIFF`s proposed franchise-based tournament in January next year.
AIFF will conduct the tournament in collaboration with IMG-Reliance, who will be the marketing partner for the IPL styled league.
AIFF sources said close to 10 prominent players have been approached to feature in the league including goalkeeper Subrata Paul.
"Yes we are in talks with these players. Hopefully we will get to see them playing in the league," an AIFF source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional