Bhutia, Chhetri may feature in AIFF`s IPL style league
New Delhi: Former India captain Baichung Bhutia, striker Sunil Chettri and star defender Syed Rahim Nabi are set to play in AIFF`s proposed franchise-based tournament in January next year.
AIFF will conduct the tournament in collaboration with IMG-Reliance, who will be the marketing partner for the IPL styled league.
AIFF sources said close to 10 prominent players have been approached to feature in the league including goalkeeper Subrata Paul.
"Yes we are in talks with these players. Hopefully we will get to see them playing in the league," an AIFF source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore