Bhutia, Chhetri may feature in AIFF`s IPL style league
New Delhi: Former India captain Baichung Bhutia, striker Sunil Chettri and star defender Syed Rahim Nabi are set to play in AIFF`s proposed franchise-based tournament in January next year.
AIFF will conduct the tournament in collaboration with IMG-Reliance, who will be the marketing partner for the IPL styled league.
AIFF sources said close to 10 prominent players have been approached to feature in the league including goalkeeper Subrata Paul.
"Yes we are in talks with these players. Hopefully we will get to see them playing in the league," an AIFF source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news