Boca Juniors defeated, Independiente win in Argentine league
Buenos Aires: Independiente won 3-0 over Atletico Rafaela while Boca Juniors lost 0-1 to Newell`s in the first round of Argentina`s First League Transicion Tournament.
In a match played at the Libertadores de America stadium in Avellaneda city Sunday night, in the southern region of Greater Buenos Aires, Independiente won with goals scored by Federico Mancuello (43rd min), Francisco Pizzini (54) and Juan Lucero (74), reports Xinhua.
Coach Jorge Almiron had a great performance in the return of Independiente to Argentina`s First League. Last season Independiente played in second division.
On the other hand, Boca`s fans were once again left disappointed after the team was defeated 0-1 by Newell`s in the match played in La Bombonera stadium in Buenos Aires. The goal was scored by Mauricio Tevez (45th min).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’