Brazil releases Neymar, Ganso for Libertadores quarter-final
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar and Paulo Henrique Ganso are free to play in Santos` Copa Libertadores clash against Velez Sarsfield May 24 after being released from international duty by Brazil`s football federation.
Goalkeeper Rafael has also been given leave for the quarter-final second leg of South America`s elite club tournament at Brazil`s Vila Belmiro stadium, reported Xinhua.
It means the trio will miss Brazil`s May 26 international against Denmark in Hamburg, Germany.
They will rejoin the squad for friendlies in the United States against the US May 30, Mexico (June 3) and Argentina (June 9).
Brazil coach Mano Menezes has stated he will use the matches to form the basis of his squad for the London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers