Brazil releases Neymar, Ganso for Libertadores quarter-final
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar and Paulo Henrique Ganso are free to play in Santos` Copa Libertadores clash against Velez Sarsfield May 24 after being released from international duty by Brazil`s football federation.
Goalkeeper Rafael has also been given leave for the quarter-final second leg of South America`s elite club tournament at Brazil`s Vila Belmiro stadium, reported Xinhua.
It means the trio will miss Brazil`s May 26 international against Denmark in Hamburg, Germany.
They will rejoin the squad for friendlies in the United States against the US May 30, Mexico (June 3) and Argentina (June 9).
Brazil coach Mano Menezes has stated he will use the matches to form the basis of his squad for the London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened