Brazil releases Neymar, Ganso for Libertadores quarter-final
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar and Paulo Henrique Ganso are free to play in Santos` Copa Libertadores clash against Velez Sarsfield May 24 after being released from international duty by Brazil`s football federation.
Goalkeeper Rafael has also been given leave for the quarter-final second leg of South America`s elite club tournament at Brazil`s Vila Belmiro stadium, reported Xinhua.
It means the trio will miss Brazil`s May 26 international against Denmark in Hamburg, Germany.
They will rejoin the squad for friendlies in the United States against the US May 30, Mexico (June 3) and Argentina (June 9).
Brazil coach Mano Menezes has stated he will use the matches to form the basis of his squad for the London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4
- Flood situation worsens in Assam; Uttarakhand experiences intermittent rain
- Katrina Kaif JOKES about her actual thought behind 'Kala Chashma'—READ inside!
- Two women assaulted at Madhya Pradesh railway station for carrying beef