Brazil releases Neymar, Ganso for Libertadores quarter-final
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar and Paulo Henrique Ganso are free to play in Santos` Copa Libertadores clash against Velez Sarsfield May 24 after being released from international duty by Brazil`s football federation.
Goalkeeper Rafael has also been given leave for the quarter-final second leg of South America`s elite club tournament at Brazil`s Vila Belmiro stadium, reported Xinhua.
It means the trio will miss Brazil`s May 26 international against Denmark in Hamburg, Germany.
They will rejoin the squad for friendlies in the United States against the US May 30, Mexico (June 3) and Argentina (June 9).
Brazil coach Mano Menezes has stated he will use the matches to form the basis of his squad for the London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read