Brazil releases Neymar, Ganso for Libertadores quarter-final
Rio de Janeiro: Neymar and Paulo Henrique Ganso are free to play in Santos` Copa Libertadores clash against Velez Sarsfield May 24 after being released from international duty by Brazil`s football federation.
Goalkeeper Rafael has also been given leave for the quarter-final second leg of South America`s elite club tournament at Brazil`s Vila Belmiro stadium, reported Xinhua.
It means the trio will miss Brazil`s May 26 international against Denmark in Hamburg, Germany.
They will rejoin the squad for friendlies in the United States against the US May 30, Mexico (June 3) and Argentina (June 9).
Brazil coach Mano Menezes has stated he will use the matches to form the basis of his squad for the London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter