Brazil`s Mineirao stadium ready for 2014 FIFA World Cup
Belo Horzionte: After almost three years of re-construction, Belo Horizonte`s majestic Mineirao stadium, a venue for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, has finally reopened to the public.
Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff inaugurated the stadium Friday. The Mineirao is the second stadium to be reopened in Brazil after Fortaleza`s Arena Castelao, reports Xinhua.
The Mineirao will be hosting matches at both the 2013 Confederations Cup and the 2014 World Cup.
The stadium has been closed since June 6, 2010, and America-MG`s smaller Estadio Independencia has been forced to host matches for first division club`s Atletico-MG and Cruzeiro.
The first match to be played at the Mineirao will be between Atletico and Cruzeiro, Feb 3 in the Minas Geriais state championship.
The pitch has been lowered by three to four meters to improve visibility and 80 VIP suites have been constructed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Hilarious: Chinese girl slips and pulls down man's shorts in bus, this video will leave you in splits
- Modi government to organise 'Bharat Parv' to mark Independence Day
- Girl's hug prank on strangers backfires. See how – Watch
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares spectacular view of Albuquerque, New Mexico from space!
- Facebook page started by Army man's son will move you with stories of bravery and courage