Brazil star Rivaldo considers retirement
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian World Cup winner Rivaldo says he is considering retirement after suffering a rib and shoulder injury while playing for Kabuscorp in Angola`s top flight.
The 40-year-old said on Twitter he would be forced to undergo at least two weeks of physiotherapy, ruling him out for the rest of the season, reports Xinhua.
"With this injury the season is practically over for me in Angola. I have to think about whether I will stop playing or if I`ll continue for another year," Rivaldo said on Twitter.
The former Barcelona star has scored 11 goals in 15 matches since joining Kabuscorp from Brazil`s Sao Paulo earlier this year.
Rivaldo, voted FIFA`s world player of the year in 1999, scored 34 goals in 74 matches for Brazil and was a part of Luiz Felipe Scolari`s 2002 World Cup-winning team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!